Jess at Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright has nominated my blog for the Sunshine award!! This is an award that goes to writers who brighten other people’s days. This is such a lovely way to start the day. I have been feeling a bit disconnected from my IF friends and I love that the things I write might make someone’s day brighter! The rules are:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Here are the questions Jess asked me:
- What is your deepest fear? Losing my son.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Pay off all of my debt! Then buy a house and decent car for each family member who needs it. Donate to the library building fund. Choose a few other charities. Invest the rest and hope it would allow me to work just part time while my kids are young.
- Why do you blog? It started out as a way to connect with other people suffering infertility and also a way to document what we were doing for those thinking of traveling for IVF and for myself. My hope was that IVF in Mexico would be successful and I could look back at this as a journal. Now, I just like it. I have people I consider friends because of it and I feel like I have this community outside of work and family.
- If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Emily Dickinson. She was a weird chick, but I would love to talk to her and see if her personality matches up with the history.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer.
- What is a meal from childhood that you crave? Hamburger gravy with cream of celery and cream of mushroom soup over potatoes or rice. Logically really gross because I am a vegetarian and don’t eat canned foods anymore except for maybe canned tomatoes or black beans, but still. My mouth waters when I think of it.
- Name 3 of your weirdest quirks. I meow the lyrics to songs when I can’t remember the words (have that in common with another blogger!) I pick up new crafty hobbies and abandon them halfway through. I will make up songs about what I am doing at the moment.
- What quality of your hero do you wish you had? Grace under pressure. (Truly and not just being able to fake it.)
- What is the one thing that can always make you smile when you feel really sad? My bup snuggling up for a good book.
- What kind of candy describes you and why? Dark chocolate sea salt caramels. Because I appear sweet until you get to know me and then I let all my salty out. (Also, I am delicious?)
Here are my nominees:
Whew! That was hard! I read a lot of fantastic bloggers, but some had been nominated already, and I had to limit it to ten. Now, I need to ask you fabulous ladies ten questions for you to answer (if you wish) on your own blogs.
1. Are you a cat or dog person?
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
3. How clean is your house when nobody is coming over?
4. Tell us something we don’t know about you yet.
5. What’s your favorite recipe? Link if possible.
6. Drinks: Wine, beer or a cocktail?
7. Have you ever broken the law? If so, details please.
8. What do you hide in your closets?
9. Why do you blog?
10. Current favorite author or book?
Thanks Jess! Hope you’re having a great weekend!